Enjoy diversity, Eat variously, & Alternate bi-monthly!
• Apples, pears, frozen grapes
• sweet potato chips
• nuts and seeds: pine, macadamia, almonds, pumpkin/sunflower seeds, etc.plain carrots: particularly the super sweet, organic baby carrots
• crunchy crudités of veggies and dip (hummus, tabouli, vinaigrette, favorite dressing)
• celery and almond/sunflower butter or tahini (use non-hydrogenated butter)
• hummus with whole GF toast, carrots, celery, cucumber,daikon,greens,seaweed sheets
• fresh juices, wheatgrass
• fresh, whole fruit
• organic non-dairy or almond yogurt and ripe fruit
• apples and almond butter
• GF bread with maple syrup/tahini spread
• banana/nut ice-cream: freeze and blend your own!
• dried fruit: dates, figs, apricots, cranberries, blueberries, bananas, etc.
• use leftover buckwheat to make sweet porridge: drizzle maple syrup and sprinkle cinnamon, add nut milk and bananas, heat with fruit juice, etc.
• smoothies: mix whatever you have in the kitchen: fruit, ice, nut milk, coconut yogurt, carob powder, nuts, etc.
• fruit “ice cream”: peel a banana, freeze, blend in a food processor with nuts, berries or raisins and serve; can be put through the screen of a juicer for a creamier consistency
• freshly squeezed fruit juices: make your own and try different combos
• sweet vegetables: yams, sweet potatoes, squashes (acorn, butternut, kabocha) cut into chunks; sprinkle with cinnamon and bake
• organic dark chocolate chips or carob chips
• sundried olives
• pickles, and picked vegetables, such as carrot, daikon, beets, or lotus root
• tabouli, hummus
• steamed vegetables with tamari/shoyu or umeboshi vinegar
• flax/chia chips and fresh salsa/guacamole: try whole grain chips such as “Garden of Eatin”
• sauerkraut: it will also knock your sweet craving right out!
• fresh lime/lemon juice as seasonings or in beverage
• Celery/daikon/radish with Tahini
• sea-salted sea weed chips
• nut milks:almond, pumpkin with maple syrup/coconut nectar
• smoothies –fruits mixed with veggies/greens and hemp/nuts
• Coconut/non-dairy Kefir
• Buckwheat pudding with cardomam
• dips and spreads, like hummus, sunflower-pate, tahini
• soups with Tahini/Nutritional yeast/squash/avocado
• puddings made with avocado or mashed banana
• mashed sweet potatoes
• Fresh nut milks/coconut milks/flax milk