Neck and Shoulder Relief Yoga Class
Neck and shoulder pain and tension is epidemic in our office-going and web-surfing modern society. Many of us spend many hours a day most of the week seated in a chair, often times hunched forward. What are the long-term implications of this? Learn this and much more in this class. Prepare to take away a series of poses and movements that you can apply at home to support the restoration of your neck and shoulder through a consistent practice.
In this class:
- we will briefly review basic neck & shoulder anatomy
- discuss which yoga stretches and movements are regenerative vs. degenerative
- practice and distinguish what parts need strengthening vs. opening to create a comfortable upper back and neck
- practice active and restorative poses that help to release and soften this area
- learn different ways to relieve neck and shoulders problems
Please Bring a yoga mat and 3 large towels or a dense blanket for propping purposes, if you have them. $15 love offering accepted.